PHP Web Developer Resume
Mark D. Morton
Canton, MI 48188
Web Developer / Marketing / Technology / Operations Professional
High integrity, results-driven professional, offering 25+ years of experience in web/mobile technology, interactive marketing, and operations. Significant, hands-on experience in developing web based applications. Successful track record creating marketing programs to grow revenues and build brands. Proven operational and P&L experience. Strong leader and manager. Strategic thinker with excellent communication skills.
Hands-On, Expert Level Software Development Skills:
- PhoneGap Cross Platform Mobile
- API/Web Services/3rd Party Integrations
- Project & Developer Management
Web Application Development Industry Experience:
Web Developer/Marketing Consultant, Canton, Michigan
July 2002 to Present
Independent consultant specializing in web/mobile software development. Responsible for the successful design, development, implementation and ongoing maintenance of client web based applications.
- Created over 250 web-based and mobile applications for clients in multiple industries including medical, manufacturing, real estate, aviation, industrial and more.
- Have hired and managed more than 25 developers to participate in client projects with skills such as Java, Objective-C and other necessary technologies.
- Hands-on, expert level software engineer, primarily on the LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP). Have written and modified procedural and OOP/MVC oriented code.
- Consult and advise clients in the creation and execution of online marketing programs including Search Engine Marketing and utilization of Social Media.
New World Systems Corp., Troy, Michigan
July 2000 to July 2002
Vice President of Marketing
Responsible for product management, marketing communications, brand development and positioning, channel sales management and strategic relationships for enterprise software company. Developed corporate marketing messages and marketing communications plans including advertising, public relations, and internet marketing. Accountable for developing qualified sales opportunities through creation and execution of direct marketing programs.
- Created corporate marketing database program to define, segment and target all potential sales prospects resulting in over $3,000,000 of incremental software sales.
- Managed Product Management function charged with defining market-focused enterprise software solutions across multiple product lines and platforms (Microsoft .Net, IBM iSeries 400, Mobile Computing).
- Served as Executive Product Manager for development of an all new enterprise software application on the Microsoft .Net platform.
General Motors Corp., Detroit, Michigan
February 2000 to July 2000
Direct Marketing Manager
Developed and executed direct marketing programs to identify and target in-market vehicle buyers to increase product sales for Chevrolet Trucks and Hummer divisions. Supervised integrated marketing programs utilizing direct mail, telemarketing, e-mail and Internet marketing, advertising, promotional events and affinity partner relationships. Worked with Database Analysts to create consumer predictive models and to develop data strategies
- Supervised advertising and direct marketing agencies and managed multi-million dollar program budgets.
Wise Solutions, Inc., Canton, Michigan
February 1998 to February 2000
Chief Operating Officer
Accountable for P&L and operational management for application development tools software company. Worked with the President and Board of Directors in setting long term goals and strategic direction. Set goals and direction for all operational areas, including Sales & Services, Marketing, Product Management, Channel Sales, Customer Service and Operations.
- Led company to 86% revenue growth in first year as COO.
- Created outside Sales organization to focus on corporate sales, increasing revenues to corporate accounts by 600% in first year.
- Created Services organization to deliver Implementation, Training and Consulting services.
- Created Worldwide Channel Sales Program resulting in increased Channel revenues of 127%.
- Managed expansion into Asia through product localization and distribution agreements.
Vice President, Marketing and Product Management
- Developed advertising, public relations and direct marketing programs that significantly increased marketplace awareness resulting in millions of dollars of incremental software revenues.
- Implemented a communication program with customer base resulting in a 263% year-over-year increase in upgrade units and a 695% increase in upgrade revenues.
- Instituted Product Management process to deliver high-impact, market focused products.
- Promoted to Chief Operating Officer.
IBM Corporation, Somers, New York
June 1995 to February 1998
Worldwide Direct Marketing Manager
Developed and implemented sales lead generation direct marketing programs for IBM MQSeries Middleware and DB2 Database software products for all worldwide sales territories. Created direct mail, telemarketing and Internet direct marketing programs. Developed linkages with Sales teams for lead qualification and follow-up processes. Managed database analysis and prospect target selection criteria for all programs.
- Created worldwide programs to be implemented by local regional marketing teams.
- Managed multi-million dollar direct marketing budgets.
- Responsible for selection, management and evaluation of advertising and direct marketing agencies.
- Received IBM Marketing Excellence Award for 1996 and 1997 for achieving 100% of revenue objectives.
Regional Direct Marketing Manager
Developed and implemented regional sales lead generation direct marketing programs for all IBM software products including database, transaction processing and systems management applications.
- Developed qualified sales opportunities for sales force resulting in $3 million in software sales.
- Received IBM Marketing Excellence Award for 1995 for achieving 100% of revenue objective.
- Promoted to Worldwide Direct Marketing Manager.
Master of Business Administration
Bachelor of Business Administration